Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Jesus Christ Super Star-

Jesus Christ Super Star-

When I was in seventh grade, youth Minister in the Church we introduced my Tim Rice/Lloyd Webber, Andrew star musical "Jesus Christ is born."
The rock beat, humanized biblical characters and alternative takes on the traditional story of Easter, was an instant hit among our numerous junior-high.
Easter week, as our habit, my wife and I will pull out our "born" Star DVD, POP into the PlayStation, and watch Jesus, Judas and Pontius Pilate, King Herod, Mary Magdalene, Simon Zealotes, Caiaphas, and everything else tell their story of the cold desert landscape.
A ' Super Star '-scene always reminds me of our society — and how some right to react to the concept of helping "at least amongst us".

Tired moneychangers in the temple, Jesus wandering alone, we are talking about God, when a group of people who suffer. One after the other, arrive, begging for help, and sing:

See my eyes can't see.

See my stand, I can hardly walk.

I think you can make me whole.

See my language, it is difficult to speak.

See my skin, I am a mass of blood.

See my feet can hardly can't stand him.

I think you should be fine.

See my wallet, I am a man poor, poor.

Would you touch, you'll improve my Christ?

Do not touch your heal me, Christ?

Would you kiss, I can treat my Christ?

Won't you kiss, I pay my Christ?

Jesus is Jesus, tries to help. But soon, he is overwhelmed by the mass of humanity.

"There's too many of you," sings. "Don't push me. There is very little to me. Don't crowd me "until, finally, the shrieks," Heal yourself! "

Now, we can save for another day a theological debate about the pros and cons of a biblical rock.

But regardless of the sacred, scene originated what we heard from experts about the hand and laws of the United States, Medicaid, social security, health insurance, food stamps, defence expenditure, external aid, public education, public broadcasting, prevention of pregnancy, environmental protection, reduction of the budget, the debt limits, tax cuts, etc., ad nauseum.

And the focus is not public, but at the expense of the taxpayer, the budget-cutters, in particular, seems to be screaming, "Heal yourself!"
However, is that the best way to sell these ideas?
Two decades ago by President George H.W. Bush called for "kinder, gentler nation."

No comments:

Post a Comment